The Funny
Covered in Grace
Photobucket

Grab my Button

The Houtz House Party

Search my Blog

www.thelittlestuffmatters.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Slim down like Jessica Simpson?

As I was folding laundry yesterday, I realized that I had not posted anything since Monday!  Was it really that long ago??  Yep!  You know, when I started this blog my kids were doing ALL sorts of goofy things, saying the darndest things, but now, nothing!  They are giving me nothin'!!  Thanks a lot!  I mean, isn't that the reason why we have them to be a conversation piece at dinners?  No....  don't be silly, that's not the ONLY reason why we have them!  

Anyway, so I was on Pinterest (hate to admit, but I am addicted) the other day and came across a Jessica Simpson Slim-Down Breakfast Smoothie Recipe, which you can find here if you are interested.  



Well, so who was the vulnerable one to try it?  Yep, you guessed it - ME!  Please do not be distracted by how beautiful the picture looks with the nice looking jar and the apples!  I thought it looked good too, so I made it the next morning!  First of all, it didn't say to leave the skins on the apple, so I did.  Secondly, it didn't blend as smooth as I thought it would have been.  The flavor was NOT what I was expecting.  My husband took one look at it and said, "that looks disgusting."  Well, sure enough, it was.  I had a few gulps of it to give it a chance.  I thought maybe it would grow on me, but within a few minutes I was pouring it down the drain.  YUCK!!  I couldn't take it!!   

So, then I got to thinking... did Jessica Simpson REALLY drink this every day or is this just a gimmick?  My husband reminded me that she has her own personal trainer and dietitian, she probably didn't drink this smoothie!  Well, then I looked online and read that Jessica Simpson has hired a Weight Watchers chef!!  Really?  If you want to read more about it, go here.  I think that would be really cool to have if I ever win the lottery.  I would love LOVE LOVE to have my own personal dietitian.  I think that would be awesome.  Well, since my chances of winning the lottery are slim to none, I guess I will just have to be my family's personal dietitian for now.  

Well, if you DO try this breakfast smoothie let me know what you think.  It wasn't my faves, but it could be yours.  My palate may not be as sophisticated as Jessica Simpson's!!

1 comment:

  1. I think the Greek yogurt & milk (any kind) is a good start. I don't think I'd like apple in my smoothie but I love blueberries & strawberries (plus they are lower calorie than bananas, although bananas add a nicer texture).

    I like making smoothies with frozen fruit (as said above) with almond milk and protein powder. I recently added yogurt to one & loved it, so using Greek yogurt would give you the protein without having to add powder (or almonds).

    PBfingers.com usually posts good smoothies. :)

    ReplyDelete